The anthropological proof
In the sixth world Life reveals the reasons for obesity. At first sight it may seem that this is a less important and scientifically less interesting revelation but it is nevertheless closely related to the mission of this book because only the people who completely accept themselves can truly love; it is precisely unhappiness with one’s own looks that is among the top reasons for not accepting oneself. At the very beginning it needs to be emphasized that our looks really do not affect whether or not we are able to accept ourselves nor is it the reason why others do not accept us. Unhappiness is merely a consequence of our incorrect conceptions. In addition, obesity is an extremely serious problem of modern society, a problem that is reducing the quality of life for a growing number of people.
[psi] reveals simple rules that anyone can understand and that make it possible to attain a healthy weight without suffering and giving up food. These rules are not new—they can be found in the traditions of some religions and nowadays they are discussed as part of the food separation diet. What we have not understood until now is the true cause and the anthropological meaning of obesity.
The human body is the result of evolution and improvements of millions of years, so do not frown in front of the mirror because you are looking at the result of nature’s countless improvements. However, all these improvements were designed for living in the conditions which we in modern times hardly know anymore. From the standpoint of evolution, the development of civilization has brought great changes in a very short amount of time and our genetic structure has not yet succeeded in adapting to them. We are still built for the conditions our ancestors lived in for the last few million years. In all this time, the ancestors of the modern human had to go through long ice ages but also dry spells that lasted thousands of years. In order to adapt to these circumstances as successfully as possible, the human body learned to read signs in the nature that foretold what period lay ahead, and our bodies continue to read these same signs today.
Human survival has always depended on successfully identifying all forms of shortages because this was the only way for the body to prepare for the coming period. Since prehistory, water shortages have warned us of coming draughts and hunger of coming food shortages. Due to a complete change in our eating habits in the recent, very short period of time, today this information is false and the consequence of this is that our bodies accumulate too much fat.
We always prepare for the coming winter by accumulating fat. This ability of the human body has had a very important role in our evolution. Until today people have only eaten what was available in their environment, which is why their food always accurately informed the body what was going on around it. For the human body to be able to adapt to the coming circumstances in each period it only had to identify three climatic states. The first was the time of hot dry summers that could last several thousands of years without it ever cooling down in between. These periods were best spent at the seaside because there was always enough fish there; however, there was a shortage of grains and root vegetables. People who spent these periods inland ate mostly vegetables because in the heat meat goes bad quickly and cannot be eaten often. Best-suited for such hot periods is a slender figure without fat deposits.
The second period consisted of long winters and no summers—ice ages. During that time there were hardly any plants and the main food was meat, which is why survival depended on how successful you were at hunting. Also in this period, a slender figure without fat deposits was the most advantageous.
The third climatic state consists of alternating warm and cold periods as we know them today. And only these periods have been characterized by mixed diets of meat and plant foods. A body that prepares for the coming winter by storing additional fat late in the summer has the best chance of surviving such alternating periods. Eating a diet that combines food of animal origin and plants, such as grains and root vegetables, which are available only in fall, informs the body that winter is coming, a cold period during which there will be a shortage of food. Only this combination warns our bodies about the coming winter, which will—and this is very important—soon be followed by spring.
At the end of winter, when most of human food was only of animal origin, it was vital that the hunters were successful and that is why they had slender figures again; in spring, when they started to eat leafy parts of plants in addition to meat again, this was telling the body that fat storages were no longer necessary. Only at the end of summer, when fruits, vegetables, and grains ripened, was it time to start accumulating fat again.
If we think about the signs our body receives and, in a way, understands through our eating habits, we realize that today’s diet is constantly telling our body it is time to prepare for winter. This is why it is constantly storing fat because it can no longer discern the right season of the year based on the food eaten.
Seeing a slender body, which has been a beauty ideal for a while now, makes us think we need to lose weight. One of the greatest delusions of humanity is thinking that we can lose weight by reducing food intake. While this really does help in the short term, in the long term such starvation sends a serious warning to our body that a period of deprivation is coming; this is why the first chance our body gets, it will take more nutrients than it needs out of the food eaten. So actually counting calories is pointless because you just cannot compete with your own body. We can hardly imagine how adaptable the human organism is and how little food you have to eat for the body to begin storing fat. This ability to accumulate fat, acquired over millions of years, shows how marvelously the human body adapted to the periods of shortages.
Anyone who wants to live life to the fullest and have a healthy body with a lot of energy without giving up food only needs to follow a few simple rules.
– Start your day by drinking water. This will tell your body that streams and rivers are full and that it should not be afraid of a coming dry period.
– Learn to sort food into three groups: foods of animal origin, spring and summer vegetables and fall vegetables. This is all you need to pay attention to in your diet. Then just be careful how you combine foods.
– When you decide to eat foods of animal origin, you can eat any such foods and combine them with spring and summer vegetables, especially those with edible leaves, stems and flowers.
– When you decide to eat plants, you can eat anything but the foods of animal origin.
– After eating foods of animal origin, at least three hours should pass before you eat fall vegetables.
– After eating fall vegetables, at least two hours should pass before you eat foods of animal origin.
– Eat often and as much as you like.
Follow these seven simple guidelines and your body will attain the shape Life has intended for you. Add some exercise to this and you will soon have a ripped athletic body.
It is not the first time that Life in its works deals with dietary habits. It does this out of completely realistic reasons. This time it draws our attention to ignorance, which is the reason for the second biggest problem of the modern man.
This proof is not connected with the seventh proof.
The seven greatest misconceptions about our body figures:
– Only people with the right genes can have a great figure.
– Obesity results from eating too much food because our body turns these excesses into fat.
– With intensive workouts we can use up more energy than our bodies get from food.
– We can get a slim figure by giving up food, especially sugar and fat.
– Cereal with milk, fat-free fruit yogurts, and cheese with fruit are not fattening.
– As a rule, fat people are happier, but this is not true—they are just often hiding behind the stage sets of happiness to conceal that they do not accept themselves.
– Only people with great figures are attractive.
Some useful tips:
– Follow the rules but do not become obsessed with them.
– Do not count the noodles in your beef soup, just give up bread, pasta, potatoes, and other carbohydrates if the main part of your course is meat.
– Breakfast with eggs, bacon, butter, and sausages is not a problem; the problem is the bread you have with it.
– Bread with jelly or honey will not make you lose your nice figure, this will happen if you also spread butter on bread or drink milk with it.
– Sweets only made out of ingredients from the second and third group do not make you fat.
– Do not drink beverages with high sugar content when you are eating foods of animal origin.
– If you do not follow the seven rules once in a while, you will not get fat; this will happen if you follow them only once in a while.
To help you categorize foodstuffs
- Foods of animal origin
– meat of any kind of animal
– all animal fats, also oils of this origin
– other dairy products
- Spring and summer vegetables
– Savoy cabbage
– all types of lettuce and radicchio
– bell pepper
– citrus fruits
– nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, pine nuts, peanuts, cashews, and Brazil nuts)
– cocoa (chocolate with more than 70 % cocoa)
- Fall vegetables
– sugar made out of sugar beet and all other types of refined white sugar
– grains (bread, cakes, pastries, and pasta)
– rice (rice flour)
– corn (corn flour and cornmeal)
– products made with flour from other grains
– all berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, lingonberries, currants, gooseberries)
– other fruit with high sugar content
– sweet jellies and canned fruit
– drinks that contain sugar (e.g. beer, fruit juices, the majority of carbonated beverages, sweet wines)